Is frizzy hair one of your biggest concerns? Well, you ain’t alone. Only people with frizzy hair know how hard it is to get along with them. Products designed to tame your strands don’t really work and the frizz is back once you stop the expensive hair treatments. If only we had an easy and pocket-friendly solution to it.
Search no more, here is the perfect solution for you. This DIY hair mask will give you smooth hair and involves simple ingredients right from your kitchen!
Ingredients for the mayonnaise hair mask
Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp (Nourishes hair and makes it healthier. Its ingredients, eggs and oil, are both widely popular hair care elements !)
Almond oil – 5 drops ( Moisturizes the scalp and helps with breakage, split ends, itchy scalp and dry roots.)
Egg – 1 ( The yolk moisturizes and makes hair resistant to damage. Vitamins A and E, biotin, and folate have also been linked to hair growth and healthy hair. )
Preparation of the mayonnaise hair mask
Separate the egg yolk and add it to the mayonnaise. Mix them in a bowl and add almond oil for texture. And your DIY hair mask is ready!
Apply the mixture to your hair starting from the scalp to the tips. Keep it for 20 minutes and wash off with shampoo. Use it once a week for best results!
Tips to avoid frizzy hair
While the mask does its work, avoid these common mistakes to avoid frizzy hair!
- Wash your hair with warm water instead of hot water. Hot water can drive your hair out of moisture.
- After washing your hair, wrap it in a towel instead of rubbing it aggressively.
- Swap your cotton pillowcase with a satin one! Not only your hair but your skin will also thank you for it too!
- Traditional bristle hairbrushes can damage your cuticles causing frizz. Use a wide-toothed comb instead.
- Minimize the use of heat for styling your hair.
Please note that this mask is not to be applied without consulting a hair care expert or a dermatologist if you have a special condition for hair or scalp. Let us know how you feel about the mask once you try it!